Feb 6, 2016 |
About Kopervik Group
The Kopervik Group consists of about 20 companies – all connected to owning or managing vessels in the short sea market. We are proud to say that we are the first and still the only ISO14001 certified group of shipping companies with smaller general cargo vessels. Through an environmental certification we hope to show our customers and partners that we take our corporate responsibility seriously.
Kopervik Ship Management AS (KSM) is a fully integrated management company. We consider our organisation to be very flexible, running our vessels and serving our customers in an efficient and professional way.
Therefore KSM has its own safety/quality department and is certified with a DOC issued by DNV according to the ISM code. We have our own crewing department and own technical department with branch office located in Gdansk, Poland.
KSM and its staff have also invested in ship owning companies and vessels for which we have management. This underlines our personal approach to the management.
The main objectives for KSM managed vessels is to transport cargo, over sea from shipper to receiver, in the most efficient way according to contract.
- Without any injury to personnel
- Without polluting the environment
- Without any damage to the vessel
- Without any damage to the cargo
- Without any damage to third party
- To our customers full satisfaction
Safety & Quality Policy
- The above shall be implemented by checking that all new recruited Officers and Crew has valid Licences and training Certificates according to STCW and thorough checking of references experience and personal background, and active use of “Assessment Report”. Implementing regularly on board training, drills and Safety Equipment Checks according to SEQS.
- By maintaining the vessel and all equipment according to the manufacturers recommendations and to the standards set by the KSM.
- By planning ships voyages well in advance and using all necessary means.
- KSM and operators to give full and correct information and advice, and the Masters to report on regular basis in a correct and proper manner.
- By communicating with the Agents, Shipper and Receivers, Suppliers and Authorities in an honest and polite manner, and act in accordance to received information
- By observing and implementing rules and regulations according to Flag State, Class, P&I, International and local Authorities
- By reporting all non-conformities and immediately implement the corrective action, and for KSM to communicate all non-conformities with implemented action to all Company vessels.
- KSM to follow up and monitoring the implementation of the SEQS and for all employees to engage themselves according to KSM’s Manuals, procedures and standing orders.