Nov 11, 2016 |
About Hamburg Süd Group
Liner shipping is one of our most important fields of activity. Here you will learn all the essentials about our core competences in this market segment and how you can contact our more than 250 offices worldwide. This is also where you will find our key figures and a selection of the awards we have received for our achievements.
Hamburg Süd is a future-driven company with a long tradition. Not just in relation to our successful business activity in marine transport, but also in respect of the responsibility associated with it – one we exercise gladly and conscientiously. We feel especially responsible for our staff. Equally, we have made it our principle to act responsibly towards our customers, partners and suppliers at all times. In this environment, openness, tolerance and respect enjoy the highest priority.
Safety, environmental and quality policy
The primary goal of the Hamburg Süd Group is to safeguard and constantly improve the quality and environmental compatibility of our services as well as to avoid errors and risks.
- The company respects prevailing law and expects the same of its employees and business partners. All applicable work, safety, environmental and other legislation is followed, regardless of whether it involves domestic, foreign or supranational laws, ordinances or other regulations.
- By practising sustainable management, we grant every employee the best possible level of health and safety and thus the protection of his or her integrity. We achieve a high measure of safety at sea and ashore by providing highquality and best-suited equipment, regular training of our personnel and information about all known and potential hazards.
- The aim of our environmental activities is the continuous reduction of environmental impact. This is guaranteed by a fleet featuring modern technology and optimal processes. The careful husbanding of resources results in a reconciliation of economic efficiency and environmental protection. We preserve the environment from harm by supporting employees’ participation in measures to improve environmental protection and thereby fostering heightened environmental awareness.
- The satisfaction of our customers is an obligation upon us which we seek to ensure by meeting all requirements regarding safety, environmental protection and quality to the greatest possible extent and regularly reviewing it by measurement and analysis. We foster quality throughout our service chain by working with selected and regularly vetted partners and specialist companies which have the appropriate qualifications.
- We guarantee the protection of the personal data of our employees, customers, suppliers and other business partners by strict implementation of data protection legislation. These statutory requirements are ensured by efficient data security measures subject to continuous monitoring.
Implementation of this policy is the responsibility of company management, its observance incumbent on all employees.