Feb 17, 2016 |
About MMA Offshore
With our head office located in Fremantle, Western Australia and international headquarters in Singapore, MMA Offshore (MMA) is one of the largest marine service providers in the Asia Pacific region.
MMA’s fleet consists of over 60 highly sophisticated offshore support vessels, operating in almost every major oil and gas region in the world. Our vessel operations are supported by four world class, strategically located onshore facilities in Australia and South East Asia. This integrated operational profile uniquely positions MMA to provide marine logistics services throughout all phases of the offshore oil and gas development cycle.
It’s our willingness to explore new possibilities that enable us be an employer of choice for our people, a service provider of choice for our customers and a company of choice for our shareholders.
At the heart of our operations is our commitment to safety. We ‘Target 365 – a Perfect Day Every Day’. That is, a safety culture where every day is a day free of recordable injuries and material incidents.
About the Position
We are seeking a hands on, motivated and technically savvy Marine Electrician to join our Offshore fleet working on an equal time on / equal time off roster on-board one of our new PSVs reporting into the Chief Engineer.
This position is a FIFO position swinging on and off from Darwin, Northern Territory.
The key responsibilities and duties for this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for trouble shooting all electrical equipment, including navigation equipment, integrated system & automation system
- Administration of the planned maintenance system for the electrical/electronic components of the vessel, maintenance and repair of electronic system as required
- Responsible to carry out all electrical maintenance as required and planned
- Responsible to carry out electrical/electronic equipment inventory, and issue requisitions to chief engineer accordingly
- Responsible to carry out daily routine checks and inspections on all electrical equipment.
- Responsible to the chief engineer for the DP (Dynamic Positioning) system operation & safely functioning
- Responsible to the chief engineer for all deck equipment, related to DP system including all system references and sensors
- Compliance to class / flag regulations and company standards and procedures
- Driving continuous improvement through the integration of fit for purpose systems, expertise, safety and quality
- Working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to optimise project performance
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar position within the Offshore industry
- Hold the relevant electrical trade or electrical engineering qualification DP maintenance qualifications desirable
- Good analytical capability with the ability to diagnose faults and apply suitable repairs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work between departments
- Place importance in health, safety, security and the environment above all other requirements
- Valid Offshore certification including MSIC, CoST, AMSA medical, etc
- Hold a valid Passport with a minimum of 6 months currency
Job added by: MMA Offshore
Categories: AHTS / Marine electrician / Offshore / Offshore supply vessel
Deck officer / Master / Offshore...
2nd engineer / Catering staff / Chief officer / Offshore...
2nd engineer / AHTS / Chief engineer / Chief mate / Deck officer / Electrician / Engineering / Offshore...
2nd engineer / 2nd officer / AHTS / Deck officer / DPO / DSV vessel / Engineering / ETO / Master / Offshore / Offshore supply vessel / PSV / Supply ve...