As Chief Engineer you are responsible for managing the technical installations on board and when necessary, independently carrying out maintenance and reparations. When a 2nd engineer or the Oiler is present you are in charge. You report directly to the Captain and keep in close contact with the superintendent.
Abis Shipping ships sail all round Europe and North Africa. The sailing / leave schedule is determined after deliberation.
· A Certificate of Competency “Chief Engineer no limitations” and valid medical
· Independent and stress resistant.
· Good communicative and administrative skills.
· A good knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of German is an
· A company culture with short and direct lines of communication.
· A work environment where your idea of quality comes into its own.
· Enthusiastic, reliable and active colleagues.
· Excellent primary and secondary conditions.
Job added by: Abis Shipping