|Address||Havneholmen 29, 6.sal, 1561 Copenhagen V, DENMARK|
|Mobile||Please login or register|
|Tel./Fax||Please login or register|
|Web-site||Please login or register|
|Please login or register|
Scandlines is the result of more than a century’s close co-operation across the German-Danish border, started with the establishing of the first rail ferry link between Warnemünde (Germany) and Gedser (Denmark) 30 September 1903.
The history of Danish Scandlines ApS goes back to 1872 when the Danish national rail company, DSB, started a ferry route between Funen and Jutland. Shortly after followed the establishment of a rail link across the Great Belt, and in 1957 an actual car ferry link over the Great Belt.
With the road-rail link connecting eastern and western Denmark, the Danish government’s strategic interest in ferry operations disappeared and hence, as far back as 1995 the company was separated from DSB and established as an independent limited company. It was given the name DSB Rederi A/S and the Danish Ministry of Transport was sole shareholder. In 1997, the name was changed from DSB Rederi A/S to Scandlines Danmark A/S.