Dec 12, 2015 |
Functional area: Operations
Educational level: Bachelor
Career level: Professional
Location: Offshore, Netherlands
About the job
Heerema Marine Contractors has two state-of-the-art tugs in its fleet; the Bylgia and the Kolga. As they support operations in the field, they are an essential part of HMC’s fleet. Both tugs were delivered in 2013. They are 72 metres long and 18 metre broad, have a retractable bow thruster and Dynamic Positioning (DP2). Each has a bollard pull of 200 tones and enough winch capacity to install anchors in depths of up to 1500 metres. The Bylgia and the Kolga have enough fuel (2,500 cubic metres) to sail directly from Rotterdam to Cape Town and are operated by a 16 person crew.
As Engineer 2 Tug you will carry out maintenance and other tasks in the machine room, conduct the necessary administrative tasks related to the machine room and make sure that safety procedures are complied with on board. You enjoy the challenge of reporting functional defects and repairing ill-functioning systems, circuits and equipment on board
Your daily tasks and responsibilities are:
- Inspection, reparation and maintenance in the broadest sense of the word;
- As person in charge of the watch, you will direct machine room employees such as Engineers and Oilers;
- Working safely in accordance with the employer’s standards, using ISAs, Work Permits and Toolbox Talks;
- Guiding MAROF trainees.
- A diploma from a Higher Maritime College;
- STCW 95 standard;
- An excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written;
- Affinity with the offshore industry and heavy lift projects;
- Several years’ experience as an engineer on board a ship;
- You have a good command of the English and either Dutch or Spanish language, both spoken and written.
What we offer
- A challenging job on board of one of our state of the art tugs Bylgia or Kolga;
- An informal atmosphere in an international workenvironment;
- Opportunities to work out your own initiatives and to work independently within a team of dedicated colleagues
- Ample opportunities for personal development;
- Excellent secondary labour conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- A 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off schedule. This may fluctuate due to the nature of our work.
Job added by: Heerema Marine Contractors
Categories: 2nd engineer / Offshore / Tugboat
3rd engineer / Barge / Offshore / Offshore barge...
2nd engineer / 2nd officer / Able seaman / ASD tug / Bulk carrier / Chief engineer / Offshore / Ordinary seaman / Tugboat...
2nd officer / ASD tug / Offshore / Tugboat...
3rd engineer / Able seaman / AHTS / Bosun / Fitter / Offshore...