Feb 19, 2016 |
JOB TITLE: DP VESSELS MANAGER
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for an experienced individual to fill this vacancy. The individual would be responsible for the undertaking the following;
- Ensuring company owned and managed DP vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Ensuring that requisitions for supplies are tracked and expedited, ensure that all spares for the vessels are in order
- Liaising with the Port Captain and vessel Masters with reference to Certification, Safety Equipment
- Liaising with the crewing department regarding all aspects of travel, crew changes and other.
- Monitor crew compliance with STCW95, MLC 2006 and other training requirements.
- Ensure that Vessels Planned Maintenance System is operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the company’s QMS system and is in compliance with the ISM Code and MLC 2006.
- Responsible for ensuring that all mandatory procedures i.e. Tool box talks, Risk assessments, permits to work, hot work permits etc., are used effectively and filed for audit purposes.
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practices” are adhered to at all times, with regard to vessel DP operations, equipment and personnel requirements.
- Ensure that the vessel’s DP equipment is in a fully operational state of readiness at all times.
- Attend Annual DP Trials audits as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience managing DP vessels
- Knowledge of ISPS, ISM, Flag State and Classification Society procedures and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential. Other MS Office package such as PowerPoint and Project would be an advantage.
- People management skills preferable gained from working in a multicultural environment.
- Proven track record in dry-dockings, ship repairs.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to interact with and satisfy client requirements.
- Offshore vessels experience is essential.
- A class one certificate of competency (master or Chief Engineer – motor) STCW95 or equivalent is essential.
Job added by: HydroDive
Categories: DPO / Offshore
AHTS / ASD tug / Barge / Bulk carrier / Cargo ship / Chemical tanker / Offshore / Offshore supply vessel...
Bulk carrier / Merchant navy / Offshore...
Offshore / Seismic vessel...