Our client is an independently owned company providing harbour and offshore towage worldwide with a large fleet of modern ASD tugs with up to 90 tons bollard pull.
For a long term project (5 years+) we are looking for a master with experience on ASD harbour tugs and holding a French Certificate of Competence / Certificate of Endorsement.
Duration / rotation
December 2016 / 8 weeks on/off
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Has the ultimate responsibility for the harbour tug and all operations that take place on board and is in overall command of the harbour tug;
• Managing the harbour tug and crew in such a way that navigation, repair & maintenance activities as well as the goals and objectives of the company are being realized in an economic, efficient and safe way with a harbour tug that is, technically, in a good condition;
• Representing the company, the tug’s owner and/or tug charterer;
• Completing all necessary reports, keeping the harbour tug administration up to date and ensuring the availability of the required and valid certificates on board;
• To take measures and execute incident investigation in case of malfunctions, defects, incidents or accidents and to report same to the company;
• Performing crew appraisals and consulting the crewing manager and operations manager regarding personnel matters;
• Coordinating, delegating and planning activities on board and ensuring completion of the planned activities according to the work scheme with a minimal loss of time;
• Ordering materials or reparations on time and against minimal costs in accordance with the company’s economic interests;
• Ensures that the crew is fully trained for and aware of emergency situations;
• Is responsible for the medical care on board;
• Stands watches as officer of the watch;
• Maintains discipline, order, neatness, hygiene and adequate living conditions throughout the vessel.
• Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
• Valid French Certificate of Competence for Master till 3000 GT or all ships or French Certificate of Endorsement for Master till 3000 GT or all ships;
• All required STCW certificates and courses for the position;
• At least 2 years in position of master on board ASD harbour tugs;
• Knowledge of ISM, ISPS and MLC;
• Embrace and uphold the very essence of responsibility, commitment, accountability and safety;
• Natural leader with strong communication and excellent management skills.