Sep 15, 2016 |
Chief Engineer is responsible to the Master for the efficient operation and maintenance of all machinery and equipment on-board.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in the vessel in accordance with safe work practices, polices and procedure.
- Ordering, receiving, stocking and issuing of engine room stores and spare parts
- Organising and maintain effective temporary and permanent repairs.
- Implementing corrective and preventive maintenance of all shipboard machinery, electrical appliances and systems.
- Maintain necessary records of maintenance conducted in Engine room.
- Do Sounding as per Company’s operational procedures and provide details to Chief Officer on daily basis.
- Supervise the effectiveness of the work carried out by the onshore work shop technicians and contractors.
- Make hot works permits and supervise the conduct of all hot works on-board.
- Implement Company QHSE policy and procedure in his areas on-board vessel.
- Motivate engine crew to maintain safe work culture.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping of his area on-board the vessel.
- Should wear and ensure all engine crews on-board using appropriate safety equipment and PPE during work.
- Undertake other assignments as advised appropriate by the Technical Superintendent/Department Head.
Qualification & Experience:
- Chief Engineer Unlimited COC as per STCW 2010, issued from white list countries & Valid STCW mandatory training certificates.
- 3 to 4 years experience in the same rank in same/similar type of vessel.
- Offshore experience is must.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
Job added by: K F S
Categories: Chief engineer / Offshore
Construction vessel / Offshore / SDPO / Support vessel / Survey vessel...
Chemical tanker / Chief engineer / Oil tanker / Tanker...
Able seaman / ASD tug / Offshore / Tugboat...
2nd engineer / 3rd engineer / Chief engineer / Engineering / Offshore...