Location: Worldwide, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent
Category: Deck Officer
Job Reference: CORESEARCH/SB
Vessel Type: Research Vessel
Qualification Requirements: Unlimited CO CoC, GMDSS, ENG1, STCW, Designated Security Duties, etc
Chief Officer required for Research Vessel
Permanent position available and one fixed term 1 year contract.
We are seeking an experienced mariner with drive to motivate ships staff and support the Master, as the senior manager aboard the vessel.
You will also act as Officer in Charge when required. Further duties will include ensuring the effective management and use of all resources (i.e. manpower, equipment, time processes and materials) as well as undertaking the duties of Ship Security Officer and Assistant Shipboard Safety Officer.
Candidates must posses the following certification:
STCW 2010, as amended
Certificate of Competency Chief Mate II/2 Unlimited. (It is conditional that the candidate would obtain a Certificate of Competency Master II/2 within a reasonable time period)
• Valid Seafarer Medical Certificate (ENG1), Unlimited, without restrictions ;
• GMDSS General Operator’s Certificate ;
• Four elements of basic training to STCW2010, as amended ;
• CPRSC and Advanced Fire Fighting ;
• Certificate of Proficiency in the operation of ECDIS(from 01 September 16 the principle means of navigation is planned to be electronic);
• Certificate of Proficiency in Medical Care on Board Ship;
• Certificate of Awareness in security-related training for seafarers with Designated Security Duties.
• Be in possession of a US Visa or have the ability to undertake unrestricted world travel.
Job added by: Clyde Marine Recruitment
Categories: Chief officer
Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?