Nov 25, 2015 |
Ocean Rig is an international drilling contractor who provide oilfield services for offshore oil and gas exploration, development and production drilling and specialising iin the Ultra-Deepwater segment of the offshore drilling industry. The company owns and operates 11 offshore Ultra-Deepwater drilling units comprising of 2 Ultra-Deepwater Semisubmersible drilling rigs and 9 Ultra-Deepwater drillships.
We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are seeking a fresh and rewarding challenge that will give them the opportunity to work with the latest technology on these vessels.
Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
The Rig Superintendent’s main responsiblities include:
- Overall responsibility for Drilling operations.
- To provide effective leadership and ensure clear communication for all direct reports.
- Promoting High Safety standards and responsible for ensuring that all operation is carried out in accordance with the fixed program and that the operation is executed in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensuring operational excellence.
- High focus on earning efficiency and cost controls.
- Communicate on daily basis with the Rig Manager onshore and keep him well informed of any matter of importance for operation of the drilling unit and maintain a good working relationship with the section leaders, supervisors and with the Operator’s representative.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with Ocean Rig’s preventive maintenance program.
- Actively promote on-the-job training of his subordinates and training to follow the company’s training matrix.
- The Rig Superintendent needs minimum 3 years operational experience in a similar position.
- You will have strong communication and people management skills, as well as a proven track record for ensuring the safety for all offshore employees.
- As a global organization and to ensure a safe working environment, it is essential that all applicants have a strong level of English, both written and oral.
- Experience with NOV Hi-Tec Cyber systems, CMC and TDX 1250 essential.
- Experience on a dual activity rig would also be an advantage.
Required Qualifications and Certificates:
- Well Control Certificate – Subsea Supervisor Level
- Valid Offshore Survival Course, OPITO or equivalent
- Valid Offshore Health/Medical Certificate
- NOV training or third party certification
- Seaman’s book
- MEMO/TAPROOT training
- OIM Licence
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to join Ocean Rig on the next step of this exciting voyage, please apply.
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Shift
Job added by: Ocean Rig
AHTS / Chief engineer / Chief officer / Deck officer / Master / Offshore...
Able seaman / ASD tug / Barge / Cargo ship / Catering staff / Chief engineer / Chief officer / Deck officer / Master / Offshore...